How to Marry the BEST Sunscreen on the Market!April 20, 2017
Top 3 Skin Care Secrets From Around the WorldAugust 5, 2017
5 Simple Salads that are a Win for Your Skin!
Hey, Seriously FAB friends! Now, don’t get me wrong, anytime is a great time for a salad, but there’s just something about warmer weather that really makes me crave a crisp and refreshing bowl of color! I think salads are such a great way to be creative with your ingredients and are literally the ultimate in organic skincare! When you understand how to use food and ingredients to benefit your skin; and pair it with a high quality Broad Spectrum sunscreen, like our ZINC IT OVER™ sunscreen hydrating facial mist (shameless self-promo), the results are an ultimate anti-aging skin regiment!
Here are 5 mouth-watering, hydrating and skin boosting salads that I guarantee you’ll love!
- Incredible Vegan Quinoa Salad– This salad goes all out with the health benefits while still keeping a refreshing, light and flavorful goodness! Your skin will glow thanks to the antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredients such as peppers, tomatoes, and basil. Check out this beautifying recipe at: http://www.beautybites.org/beauty-food-recipes-vegan-quinoa-salad-glow/
- Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Lemon Vinaigrette– Don’t you just love a salad that has a hint of sweetness?! With the pomegranate seeds contained in this savory salad, you get that sweetness along with its antioxidant, antiviral and anti-tumor properties. With kale, lemon and pecans as its partner in crime, you’ll have a skin healthy meal that will surely please the most snobby taste buds! http://damndelicious.net/2013/03/25/kale-salad-with-meyer-lemon-vinaigrette/
- Hydrating Watermelon Salad– Cure your skin’s summertime sadness with this deliciously hydrating and skin damage preventing salad. The combination of watermelon, arugula, and radishes is so refreshing, light and satisfying, your tastebuds will be doing the happy dance for sure! If you’re looking for a super easy salad that will make a big difference in your skin’s moisture levels, look no further! http://www.prevention.com/beauty/6-antioxidant-salads-for-skin/slide/5
- Glowing Skin Peach Salad– Ahhh! Peaches have always been one of my absolute favorite fruits and the fact that it contains vitamin C, vitamin A, and beta-carotene definitely doesn’t hurt either! This is the perfect recipe to treat your skin and the taste, let’s just say… it’s like a summertime party in your mouth! Peachy! http://detoxdiy.com/glowing-skin-salad
- Roasted Beet, Plum, and Kale Salad– These 3 ingredients make for a truly powerful anti-aging ally for your skin. I have never been a big fan of beets, but when it’s roasted and paired with other ingredients like kale, sweet plums, and tomatoes, I can definitely get down with that! You will love the richness and flavor of this gorgeous looking salad. http://brooklynsupper.com/2013/09/late-summer-kale-salad-epic-garden-failure/
Best Skin-Healthy Salad Ingredients:
- Kale– hailed as “the queen of greens,” Kale boasts an army of skin-healthy soldiers including Beta-Carotene, Vitamin C, Copper, and Vitamin A.
- Chia Seeds– contains powerful antioxidants Vitamin E and Selenium which helps to protect skin from sun damage, sun spots, and cancer.
- Kiwifruit– a superfruit containing Vitamins C, E, A, K, and B!
- Red Peppers– contains phytochemicals and carotenoids, also richer in Vitamin C than most citrus fruits!
- Lemon– this citrus fruit contains high levels of the skin protecting antioxidant Vitamin C and Beta-Carotene.
- Tomatoes– a must have salad ingredient that delivers a high volume of Selenium and Lycopene.
- Berries– a tasty and healthy ingredient with Vitamin C, helping blemishes to heal properly, radiant skin and assists in collagen production.
I hope you try some of these salad recipes and let us know which one’s are your favorite. Remember, you can always switch up ingredients and make it your own. Your skin and overall health will benefit either way, so go ahead and get plenty of green! Which recipe are you most excited to try?